April 11th, 2015
Lancia logo history, Lancia emblem
Lancia Car Company was founded in 1907 and named after its founder – Vincenzo Lancia. From the beginning it did not have a logo, there was only a beautiful inscription «Lancia».
The first logo appeared in 1911, its author was Count Carlo di Biskaretti di Ruffia, Vincenzo’s good friend who helped him with his work. The logo was represented by four-spoke wheel with the handle of accelerator on the right, against the background of which was placed a blue flag with a gold inscription «Lancia», later it became a brand name and the font has not been changed to this day. A spear was used as a flagstaff, and it has had its own reason – «lancia» in Italian means a spear.
In 1929, Carlo Biskaretti decided to place the round-shaped logo on a triangular shield. Since then, the form of the logo has not been changed.
The following changes occurred in 1957. The new version has lost colors; it has become more stylized, but still had a shield, a spear with a flag and a steering wheel, but without the spokes.
In 1974, the logo received its blue color of shield, four spokes of a wheel, but the image of elements itself has been simplified for better visibility and practicality.
Evolution of the Lancia logo
In 2000, the logo was modernized by adding chrome elements (dividing and edging lines). Thus, the emblem became bulkier.
Recent changes of the logo Lancia were made in 2007. An advertising agency Robilant Associati was working together with designers on the rebranding of the company. The steering wheel became graphic and “lost” his two spokes, the other two are working as arrows that direct the attention to the inscription «Lancia», made in the corporate style. But the logo is no longer the famous spear with a flag, and many fans of Lancia cars did not like this fact.