March 31st, 2015
Maserati logo history, Maserati emblem
First Maserati logo appeared in 1914, when Officine Alfieri Maserati Car Company was created. Since then, it had not been changed for more than a hundred years, except that it acquired more modern look due to the volume and chrome elements.
The brand name is a name of the founder Alfieri Maserati, as well as the name of his numerous brothers, almost all of whom were involved in the activities of the company.
One of the brothers, the painter Mario Maserati has created a logo, the famous trident, which creation was inspired by the statue of Neptune, king of the sea, or rather by his weapons; it was the work of the famous Florentine sculptor Dzhiamboloni. This fountain with a statue is located on the main square of the city of Bologna, where at that time was situated the company’s headquarters, but the idea of the trident has a completely different story.
Trident is a pitchfork, which once saved Alfieri from death. While walking in the forest he was attacked by an enraged wolf, but an ordinary man in work clothes with a pitchfork in his hand quickly arrived to help and saved the founder father of Maserati from the death. Alfieri, in his turn, was not in debt and has made a man his team racer.
There is also a version that the trident represents the three brothers, who stood at the origins of the company – Alfieri, Ettore and Ernesto, but it’s just a beautiful symbolization, no more.
Now, like many years ago, Maserati logo is a red trident on a white background, under which a brand name written in brand print is situated on a blue background.